Friday, August 26, 2011

Officially A Registered nurse with a job!





Wow! This has been one crazy summer! First I graduated with my associates in nursing in April. At the time I was engaged and planning a wedding too. Then I took my NCLEX-RN on June 24th and passed!! Waiting those couple of days to find out if I passed or not was torture! So when I found out I passed I didn't immediately start looking for jobs because I was getting married in a couple of weeks. I was working at UVRMC at the time anyways and my manager said that she wanted to hire me as soon as there was a position available. It's definitely nice to have your foot in the door. So I was not too worried about finding a job. I got married on July 8th and went on my honeymoon. When I returned and everyone started asking me when I was going to start working as a nurse then I got a little worried. But no reason to be worried because I got a job on Monday last week working at UVRMC Medical/Surgical 6th floor at nights. So this week was my first three shifts. They were long and I'm still exhausted, but I hope I adjust soon:) So this is a picture of me going to work my first shift as an RN!! And some of my graduation pinning ceremony back in April. My aunt Amy who is also an RN pinned me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment